Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 April: Kota Kinabalu: Beach and Shopping

Travel Date: April 21-22, 2010
Destination: Manukan Island, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Wednesday, upon my arrival from Brunei, I get my taxi coupon and go to Cititel again. I got my luggage without any issues and without anything missing. After check-in procedure and settling my things at my new smaller room with a cheaper price, I immediately went out for window shopping. Why I’m here in Malaysia? To buy Vinci! Haha! I went to Centerpoint and Warisan Shopping Mall checking out the prices. I also tried the food at their food court.

Thursday, is my beach day. From Cititel to Jesselton Point, the cab fare is 20RM. I bought my own snorkeling gears and good thing there is a group who is also going to Manukan, so as suggested by the counter I just joined their boat. Return fare for Manukan Island is 23 RM. The separate entrance for non-Malaysian is 10RM. Life jacket can be rented for 5-10RM. I choose Manukan over Sapi or Mumutik Islands due to security; since I’m on a solo journey I’d rather be safe. Manukan Island has more people (but still serene), has restaurants and stores, and has very good shower rooms, and no lizard or crocodile in the sand area. Beach closer to the arrival area has much jellyfish than when you stay on the farther area of the beach. The sand is white and pure and the water is so clear, that even if you are not yet snorkeling you can already see school of fish.



Before 12nn, I went back to the hotel to freshen up, took my lunch and now ready to go to their new mall, 1Borneo.

There is a free shuttle ride from Warisan Square near the taxi stand. The coach leaves every half hour.

1Borneo MallWebsite: http://www.1borneo.com/
Direction:
http://sabahbah.com/kota-kinabalu-shopping-centres/1borneo/371/how-to-get-to-1-borneo
One Borneo Rainforest has its free entrance but you can skip this, there is nothing to see here. The Borneo SeaWorld is still closed (April 2010). I was able to buy my Starbucks City Mug collection here at 1 Borneo for 42RM.


Outside the mall, is the Tune Hotels which is also cheap and new. By 6pm, I took again the free return transfer from the shopping complex back to Warisan Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment