Saturday, December 24, 2011

2011 November: South Korea: Korea Pass

Surprise Event for Travelers to Korea!

Korea Tourism Organization is giving away 3,000 Korea Pass cards on a first-come, first-served basis to international visitors arriving in Korea between November 7th and December 15th, 2011.
The Korea Pass cards, each worth 20,000 won, can be used anywhere except for transportation and at Shinsegae and Hyundai Department Stores, E-Mart and Homeplus. [
Reference]

I’m very lucky that I learned about this promo just in time before I left for South Korea. There are four Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) Offices in the country some are in the Airports but the actual card can only be applied from the Tourist Information Center of B1 KTO Main Office.

Tourist Information Center of B1 KTO Main Office
Address: Seoul-si Jung-gu Cheonggyecheon-ro 40 (Zip: 100-180),

B1 of the Korea Tourism Organization building
Website: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/GK/GK_EN_2_7_2_1.jsp
Where else can I find this offer? Visiting a country knowing that I’ll be spending my own money, but in Korea – I’m actually been given the money to spend. 20,000krw may be a small amount of money for some, but for average travelers - this is a great deal! I spent it in my visit at BCJ Gardens and the rest were used to buy myself a pair of boots. All I can say is I’m so lucky and Thank You to the Korean Government for being so generous!

Another thing I noticed in the office, they offer wide range of maps of the city and provinces which is very helpful and very inviting to the tourists.