Sunday, November 20, 2011

2011 November: South Korea: Incheon to Jeju

In less than 18 hours, I've been to 4 airports: Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 3, Incheon International Airport, Gimpo Domestic Airport, and Jeju International Airport.

Flight 5J 194 is from Manila with arrival time of 20:45 at Incheon International Airport. I decided to spend the night at the airport just in time to my flight the next day. For my late dinner, I was hoping to take a soup from Paris Croissant Kitchen – sad, but it is no longer available. So I started to enjoy Paris Baguette goodies.

The following day, I started it with a very quick breakfast at McDo, then run to Airport Railroad. I was able to take the 2nd AREX train departing from Incheon to Gimpo Airport (6:05am).

Find Exit 1, this will take you to the Airport. On the following, left will be going to Gimpo Domestic Airport while the right direction is to the Gimpo International Airport.

You will pass around 3 walkalators and 2 more escalators to reach the Check-in Counters.



Initially I saw the one for Asiana Airlines, following is Korean Air. Far left is the check-in counter for Jeju Air. The counter told me to wait for the next 5 minutes before I can proceed to the Departure Gates – this for the security check of the check-in luggage.


Gate 17, the last gate, I arrived there 5 minutes before boarding time, just enough to finish my breakfast. Exactly 7:15am, the plane departed and it is my first time to see the ground personnel directing the airport traffic and waving goodbye!


With only 55 minutes of air travel, they no longer offer food, but instead the flight attendants were offering free water or juice. We arrived at Jeju International Airport exactly 8:20, took an airport bus going to the terminal and took me few more minutes before I got my luggage at the rotating belt.

Short-distance taxi is available between Gate 4 and 5. I was bit caught in traffic while going to Yeha Guesthouse. So as I arrived at the place, the receptionist and the guide is already looking for me, “Actually, we should depart now.” He immediately took my luggage, carry it inside and good thing he asked me if I still need something. I just took my monopod and we immediately left the place.

So we started the West Course English Guided Tour...