Saturday, November 26, 2011

South Korea: Jeju: Yeha Guesthouse

Yeha Guesthouse (http://www.yehaguesthouse.com)
Yeha Tour (http://www.yehatour.com/)
Book Goodstay Yeha Guesthouse, Jeju Island in Agoda
Date Visited: November 2011


I would recommend Yeha Guesthouse if you are looking for a place to stay in Jeju – for a positive note that they have a very good English guided tour. I commend Zin for his very informative and clear English on my West and East coast tours – courtesy of Yeha Tours.

The website shows true and good information and they answer my inquiries/email quickly. They also offer special discounts on accommodation and tours like early-bird booking, etc. There are dormitory and private rooms to choose from.

I booked at their site last July for my stay this November. Upon check-in (until 10pm) to their place, they requested for a 10000krw as deposit which I also got back on my check-out (11am).


Good thing that I got room 201 just near the stairs and take note that they do not have an elevator. The room is a typical Korean room, which you have to take off your shoes and change with your indoor slippers.


I’m happy with my room, I don’t need an air-conditioner but good thing they still have fan – in the middle of 13 degrees Celsius. They have television without cable channels, refrigerator, hair dryer, small towels and mosquito repellant. They don’t have cabinet to place in your clothes, but they have wall hangers. Good thing that have also have clock on the room.

For the bathroom, they provide toiletries, tooth paste, soap, shampoo and conditioner. It looks like there used to be a bathtub on it, but they removed it and I prefer if they could add shower curtains.

I so loved my bed – its soft, silky, clean, and it has its own heating pad which you can easily control.




The other facilities they offer are “do it yourself” breakfast, snacks or noodles you can buy, and open entertainment room (games, television, chess, computer and internet). If you don’t want to make your own breakfast, there is Paris Baguette just across the street which is always open.



You’ll notice that most of the memorabilia from the guests are all over the place, from the stairs to the walls. And, I also add a piece on my own – pinned this Manila postcard just near room 201.


Their front desk has very good English. I was also able to buy postcards and stamps from them. It feels like home on their place and I would really recommend this to you if you are looking for a place to stay.

Location



Summary of 5 days itinerary in 2011 Jeju-Seoul Trip:


Day
Places to see
Food and Restaurants
Where to Sleep
Day 1
Take out from McDo
Lunch on Tour
Day 2
Paris Baguette
Lunch at Seongeup
Yeha Guesthouse, Jeju
Day 3
Joongang Cathedral
Flight to Gimpo Airport
Four Seasons House
Coffee Prince Restaurant
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul
Day 4
Coffine Gurunaru
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul
Day 5
Angel in Us Coffee
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul