I just bought a book, No Filter, last weekend being intrigue why millennials are so fascinated about traveling. An eye opener, a realization - yes it is a fad, you were influenced by celebrities, friends, relatives and regular nomads to wonder the world, to be one of them, to show off?
But true apart from these negative influences why you keep on soul searching, it made you hunger for more - about the culture, the place, to know more about the people. To open our mind on how G20 countries keep on progressing and why 3rd world are still struggling. To learn more about our environment and to be one with nature.
The same week, I bump to an article shared in social media about - the financial commandments for travelers, from Jerome Herrera of All I Can Handle Lifestyle Blog.
Here's a snippet of the list of what will make you wonder to follow before planning for your next wandering adventure:
1. Thou shall not travel if you are in debt
2. Thou shall not travel if you don’t have an emergency fund
3. Thou shall not travel if you’re not contributing to your retirement fund
4. Thou shall not travel just to keep up with the Jones's (don't feel envious of our friends)
5. Thou shall not travel just because you feel like you’re going to miss out on life if you don’t
6. Thou shall not travel when you need to borrow money to do so
7. Thou shall not travel just to widen your horizon
8. Thou shall not travel just because the fare is cheap
9. Thou shall not travel without a budget (stay within your planned budget)
10. Thou shall not travel without proper planning
For full context, please drop by his blog entry.
- TRAVEL TALES
- THE PLAN