Sunday, February 18, 2018

How to buy and use 7-11 ibon mart website?



I have not heard of ibon mart until I read that early bird tickets are available for an international exposition.  At first, I was intimidated because there is no English version of the site. Multiple of times, I struggled on using the "Translate this page" extension feature of Google Chrome.  I also tried the Google Translate Web, rarely successful. Sometimes, copy and paste text on Google Translate just to understand the text.


Is ibon online only? Is this service available at 7-eleven counter?
ibon ticket mart is an online website where you can reserve or book a ticket by cash (preferably that you are already in Taiwan to pay for it at 7-11, because after the transaction you have to pay within 24 hrs only) or foreign tourists can use credit card (it was able to accept Visa, 2018).
It is also a service available at Taiwan 7-11 kiosk, just ask the assistance of the clerk.

How do we collect the tickets?
Get a confirmation that you were able to pay for an online ticket on the website, (I bought in Feb 2018, hopefully to get it on Nov 2018).  Print the Order Details (which contains the Order Number, Ticket Deadline and QR code), go to Taiwan 7-11 store to redeem the tickets.

Is the website reliable?  I'll update my answer by Nov 2018 after the event.  But for now you can also refer to the answer found in Trip Advisor.  

Procedure
You should be able to create your account and activate your account from your registered mail.

The sample screens below were modified display to cater both Chinese and English (Google translated) text. [Reference: https://ticket.ibon.com.tw/]  I'm trying to buy the early bird ticket for the Taichung World Flora Exposition. [Read: Flora Expo Earliest Bird Discount before 28th February]


Once you have selected the quantity, make sure to fill-up the verification code.  Otherwise, you'll receive a warning pop-up.


Fill-up your contact details.  The field is limited to 10 digits only (it did accept when I place a contact starting by 0 or 9).  I missed to add my country code.  I read somewhere that you can use the number of your hotel if it asks for valid Taiwan number. But make sure to reflect your personal email to receive the email notification of your booking.

What is Invoice Method?
You may need to read further on this if you want a detailed explanation.  In a snippet, there is like a raffle where the winning number is referred to the invoice or receipt details.  I have chosen the Donate Invoice value.


Under the donation unit, there will be options found in the dropdown, you can use Google to research which Foundation you would like to help.

Once done, validate and confirm the values, proceed on payment (credit card). Then go to the Orders link of your account.

From below, what to look for is the Ticket Deadline, this is the last date that you can redeem the ticket from Taiwan 7-11.  What I noticed is that if you select cash payment, then the reflected deadline will be within 24 hrs after you made the transaction.  But for credit card payment, it may be dependent on the event's last day, this may vary. 


I have only finished until this step.  So hopefully, that I can redeem the tickets on Nov 2018, by then, I'll update this page with my experience. 

Thanks to my friend, 2018taichungexpo and Deng Xin Yi of Taiwan Travelers for the assistance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment