Friday, June 12, 2020

2020: Travel Through Food



Travel Through Food


Let us not allow the pandemic on keeping us away from our travel activities, instead let's spend the lock down period by traveling through food.  This page will not teach you how to cook nor share recipes, but I'll be sharing you some of my cooked food photos while reminiscing places I have visited before or by just simply enjoying life. 

Stay home and support local businesses when you request for food and goods deliveries at your door step.

Salad and Misuta Gyoza with Lemon Juice


Forgive my deformed gyoza because I lost my fridge mid-April, so I have to be patient with my cooler to preserve my goodies.

The salad includes lollo rosso red, cashew/almonds/walnuts, cherry tomatoes, grapes, mostly from Green Grocer.  While the gyoza (cooked with thyme) and edamame came from Asian Delights section of Frozen MNL.

Thirst quencher is lemon juice with rosemary.

The following day, I got salad and Misuta Gyoza with mango juice



Fettuccine pasta with Croissant


This time I was able to cook tomato based fettuccine pasta with sardines (a type of pasta popular in Roman and Tuscan cuisine).

For drinks, it is super berries from English Tea Shop.

It's been almost a  year since my last croissant.  This time, I got ham and cheese from Eric Kayser (Famous French boulangerie). Why did I stopped eating croisant?  Because I had a lot of it during my month-long stay in Denmark. [Read: Adventures in Europe]



Pistacio Financier and Pea Flower Tea


Try the Pistacio Financier from Eric Kayser

For drinks, it is organic butterfly-pea flower tea from Celestea.  Known to relieve pain and swelling, reduces fever and improves levels of sugar and cholesterol in the blood.



Sausage and Blueberry


For the meal, sausages from Frozen MNL , pistachio sourdough from Healthy Options, manchego cheese from Cartel Deli, arugula and basil from Dizon Farms

I was only craving for the tender juicy hotdog, we used to know, which isn't a healthy option, but I can only find sausage sampler in FrozenMNL.  [Read: Curry wurst in Germany]


For drinks, I was craving for blueberries so this one includes whole grain granola cereals, soy milk, lavander (from Celestea), rosemary and blueberries from Dizon Farms




Green salad
More green salad tossed with balsamic vinaigrette and crab eggroll and odendama ball from frozenmnl on the side.




Ramen in your house!

Have a taste of warm Demae Ramen Kyushu Tonkutsu Flavor with Japanese Takuna from famuleigrocery. With crab eggroll and odendama ball from frozenmnl and rosebud oolong tea from celesteaph.




Ube Pandesal and Strawberries

Spend your afternoon with ube cheese pandesal from wildflourtogo, Baguio strawberries from bukidfresh and hibiscus tea from celesteaph.





Matcha Latte

You may find many options to buy matcha online, but I opted to get mine from healthyoptionsph.  Enjoyed it with condensed milk muffin from https://wildflourtogo.com/ and some more fruits on the side.  



Salmon and Dragon fruit

Cooked salmon with thyme, rosemary and more herbs.  Served it with dragon fruit from bukidfresh and bananas.  



What to do if you have more dragon fruit?  Have a fruit shake, below includes dragon fruit, banana, citron (lemon and honey), chia seeds and strawberry. 


Next, have dragon fruit as the base, followed by granola, then by kiwi and moringa, then dragon fruit cubes with almonds. 




Little Flour Longganisa

Little Flour Longganisa available from https://wildflourtogo.com/ with toasted carrots and potatoes on olive oil and herbs.  Make it more healthy when served with arugula, bananas, grapes and cucumber.  




Atchara and Pomelo Juice 

To match our beef tapa from @wildflourtogo is atchara due to its vinegar. Added with eggs and tomatoes.  Plus, fresh pomelo juice on the side. 




Pandesal and more

With the wave of making pandesal into a different taste of having ube cheese flavor, get your orders from @caiandreiskitchenette. Enjoying local. 



If you are looking for a variety of bread in a set, try the one from @gram.and.co. I prefer their cheese roll the most, followed by ensaymada, and ube pandesal the least. 





Another pandesal experience is the one from @manumano.  Hybrid pandesal is their best selling bread that users sourdough and yeast.  Their starter pack comes with 3 hybrid pandesal, 3 tsokolate made using Auro and 3 malunggay flavor pandesal. 




Edemame pasta

Because I have 1 kilo edemame, what can we do from having it as a side dish?  Mix with with pasta!




Going Korean

Thanks unnie and omma for my beef bulgogi, sammjang and sesame potato side dish.  To add are the greens, lettuce, spinach, kimchi, edemame.  


This time I had pickled radish and tteok-bokki from @kmallph.


Garlic tteok-bokki


Spicy tteok-bokki



Chicken

Apart from breads, it's been a long time since I ordered for food prepared outside. Thanks to Grab Food for the very fast service since the place is just nearby.  I got garlic Parmesan wings and salted egg wings from @frankieswings




Sourdough

Thanks to @artemisfuel for my sourdough supply for this week. 




Something fishy

Try to have days without those red meat and rice.  Enjoy your lunch with fish and potatoes.




How to enjoy berries

With banana on as a base, spread some yogurt. I got these blackberries and raspberries from https://deli.ph/.  Top it with granola from wildflour



Below are oatcakes from marksandspencer.  With berries, granola and ice cream on top.  On the side was supposed to be an affogato. 



Add more fruits when you are enjoying yogurt in the morning.  Add some kiwi, banana, berries, granola and chia seeds. 





Scallops

I was craving for scallops and bokchoy, so I got them raw from coop grocer. Below is bok choy with oyster sauce and lemon butter scallops.  Until the next scallops craving, hopefully it will not be soon, just because it's so expensive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment