Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Travel Journal



Travel Journal

I did not know that bullet journal has been a fad for a very long time.  I’m a newbie and I don’t think I’ll keep it as a hobby since I’m not really into crafts but still prefer online blogging or taking notes on my mobile.  I decided to try it due to my curiosity on clear stamps as a unique touch when sending postcards on my future trips.  And so, let me share with you some of my thoughts about this pastime.


Content of Bullet Journal

Thanks to Fully Booked for having a session on Bullet Journaling as part of their #SummerArtBuffet program for the month of May.  Belle’s idea were very informative in building the content for the pages. Check more of her works here.    



Key points from the session are:

  • Creation of key page or legend of each task status.
  • Creation of index page (or table of contents)
  • Topics to include are: resolution or huge goals that can be breakdown to small steps and simple realistic goals; wish list or bucket list (from places you want to visit or things you want to have); financial goals (that can be monitor by using series tracker); books you want to read; songs you want to listen; music or albums you like; recipes if you are into coking; list of series to watch; tasks or activities (either daily, weekly, monthly monitoring)
  • Add decorative images, drawings or illustrations.


Washi Tapes

There are different tapes made of paper-like or cloth-like, choose which one do you prefer.  I used to have a few before actually using them on my notebook, I got some from Daiso (Anguk Station Exit 1) which are purely for Jeju designs, Japanese inspired prints from one of my visits in a temple in Saga.  Here in Manila, I was able to get stamps, boarding pass memo, London prints from Japan Home Center, random prints from National Bookstore, an pricey roll from Fully Booked and the cheapest were from Landmark, Makati at 14php per roll.


Clear Stamping

I’m familiar on regular stamping since I was a kid, but I did not know that this has evolved to clear stamping hobby.  I suggest that you need to watch Youtube videos first about this topic to learn more before buying your materials.  I got my acrylic block from National Bookstore Greenbelt at less than 75php.  I bought the most available clear stamps in the market still from National Bookstore at almost 100-120php.  This has the most foul odor among the sheets that I have. 


There are only few available designs locally, thus I jumped into Instagram to get this clear stamp from wintertime crafts via berrystreats.


Since I know that this will not be a longtime hobby, even though the quality is a bit questionable, I still bought 6 pads of clear stamps from a no-brand seller.  This is for the reason that travel related designs are harder to find in the metro.  If you read further reviews online, very affordable sheets being sold that were "made in c" have low quality.   


Lastly, I got the ink pads or craft stamper from Art Bar in Serendra, BGC.  Basic VersaCraft are less than 80php, while VersaMagic are less than 100php. To have more idea on the price list, check it here.  


You don't need to buy the high-priced notebooks, but it will make a difference on stamping because the paper quality will make it not visible on the next page.  Thanks to my sponsors for giving me Moleskine travel journal and Insight Guides Travel Experience Journal. 

For almost a quarter since I get into this activity, I have only written three full spread, and I'm starting to stamp on my fourth page.  If you are interested to start on this activity, follow hobbyists on Instagram or Youtube.  And if you don’t want to spend much look for pre-loved items posted online. If you are planning for your next trip and you are into writing, try bullet journal.  It can also be useful process in taking notes and your experiences from your trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment