Saturday, July 27, 2024

Taki, Mie, Japan: Things to do in Vison (For the Joy of Life)

 


Vison in Taki, Mie is an on-going construction of a village, where you can stay for an onsen, enjoy food and restaurants and wake-up in the middle of the mountains.


It's a mix of emotions to see this view.  Huge part of the mountain on the other side has been tear down, to continue with a grand scale project of Vison.  With a positive purpose they have but with a great impact in our environment, hope they continue to thank back the nature.  [Read about Vison]  


The place for me looks dry or bland, maybe because I visited during summer.  The view is nice, but since the place is too wide, there are still few shaded areas.  Be prepared for the sun exposure or possibly strong winds if raining.  



If you are after appreciating flowers and gardens, you may be displeased.  Or it's possible that they are still working on the aesthetics of the area. [Know more about the areas and walking courses in Vison.]



For the Art Lovers

Anyway, the reason I visited this place is because of the fusion of architecture, arts, food and shops.  I would say, for the arts part, I'm so pleased.  I was able to visit 3 museum shops in Vison.


minä perhonen museum


As you go away from the city, you'll see more of self-service ticket booth like below. 


This museum features textiles with original designs and handmade patterns that accompany daily life activities involving fashion and interior decor. (Designer: Akira Minagawa)


Posted on the museum wall: While observing mina (I) perhonen's (butterfly) way of making things and thought process, you will also be looking at the emotions infused into its designed and the background of its way of making things. 


The image of migratory birds with the strength to spread its wings without hesitation for an endless journey...  Take a look at the progress of this never-ending journey...





By the end of the museum hall, the door will lead you to it's shop.  


Please be reminded that you need to ask for assistance before touching any of these designed clothes and textiles. 




Visit their online shop to see the sample price of the items below.  



For more affordable choices, there are washi-tapes, color pencils, notebooks, etc.


During my visit, the museum fee is 800 yen (300 php, 2024).  And what's good about it is that you can use it as a discount at the shop.  It's as if I got these postcards for free. 




Kuruminoki museum and shop

As a sea-fairy myself, currently floating in between waves and wind, reading this text 'I now feel myself like a ship returning to port' from the outside of the museum made me intrigue and decided to visit what's inside.




How many vessels have I collected so far? Over the past few years, I've started taking everything out and organizing I.  However, I have feelings for all of them and can't make any progress in cleaning them up.  Here are just a few.


Koichi Uchida selected the writing desk designed by Hans Wegner. A music box created by  Keiichi Sumi will be placed on the desk.  I would like to spend some time writing letters to friends and reading books.


Posted on the museum wall:  Daily living is like being on a small boat.  Just like birds finding a safe place to nest, we need to know what we want to see and feel.  Your daily life is not something you're given - please listen to the voice of you "daily life" within you.


KATACHI museum

A food-themed museum produced by ceramicist Koichi Uchida. [Read more]



What made me proud while visiting this museum is that it featured an item from the Philippines.  Below is a wooden rice bin from Luzon, used in 19th century.  








An array of culinary utensils from different parts of the world.




The museum fee is 1000 yen (380 php, 2024) with voucher that can be used at the shop.  I bought again postcards that I can share with my sister. 




For Food Culture Lovers

There are a lot of cafes and restaurants, from expensive to budget-friendly choices.  Below are those my tummy enjoyed.

Sarutahiko coffee isenokuni



Bought the Ebisu beans back home. 


Below are also available in grocery shops in Nagoya. 




KashihoImuraya 

A confectionery store that sells sweets.





cafe Tomiyama

Shortlisted in my options is cafe Tomiyama.  I like to dine inside because of the classroom ambiance.  Very woody tables and uniquely designed wooden chairs.  Feels like going to a rustic antique furniture shop.


Other options in the area:




In Marche Vison, I got these blueberries.  Walking further I found this kaarage.  With open area seating, apart on filling my tummy, my eyes were also enjoying the nature and trees, with birds chirping on the background.




For the Shoppers

If you have the budget and fond of carrying things back home, there's a lot to choose from.  Visit the San Sebastian street in Vison. 


D&DEPARTMENT MIE

With a theme of “long-life design,” there are a a lot of arts, magazines, food and beverages, publishing, tourism, and many more. [Check]


Although, this magazine is written in Japanese, I still see this as a good source for future travels.  It features restaurants and hotels from hidden and less famous areas of Japan. 



Check further about these fabrics in https://nijiyura.com/about/






See more food and sweet choices in Vison. 







For those who are healing

These unending series of escalators going to the top of the mountain is the way to reach the bathing facility.


In the Honzo area, there are herbal tea cafes, mineral mist, spa and onsen.


Vison has accommodation as well.  There are rooms that are for art lovers and there are rooms with open baths.  As you sleep and wake-up, you'll see the mountains and skies so clearly.


So if time permits, you may want to spend a night here.




Back to the city

As you noticed, most of the photos are not crowded with tourists.  I visited on a Tuesday in June.  I took the earliest bus service from Ise City Station, and arrived at 9:30 in Vison.  

By 1pm, other tourist buses already arrived.


Here's the waiting area near Bus#2 which is going back to Ise City.



If you are looking for an alternative to a quieter Japan, this is a good option.  It's not the traditional street market heading to a shrine, but I would say, it's modern woody-white designed buildings that satisfied my arts and food adventure.  Going here is a day well spent.


No comments:

Post a Comment