Saturday, August 24, 2024

Japan: Food crawl and cafes in Iga-Ueno, Mie


Cafe huone

Location: 126-1 Uenomarunouchi, Iga, Mie 518-0873, Japan
Food: omellete rice and apple juice
Personal Preference: 9 out of 10


Most of the diners were girls.  Minimalist cafe.  The omelette rice is very delicious. I love their salad as well.  




hanamori coffee stand


Food: cold drinks
Location: Japan, 〒518-0868 Mie, Iga, Ueno Nishimachi, 3370 西町や かかん内
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10

It's more than a cafe.  It's also a ceramic shop and they have drip coffees for sale too.  Wonderful space with retro vibe.    


No more available buns or pastries during my visit in the afternoon.


I did enjoy my cold drink during the scorching hot summer in June.  I did enjoy looking around their shop.  I felt well rested during my stay here.  Thank you to their warm and friendly staff. 


Going to the toilet is like ninja hunting in a very old Japanese store.



Local Japanese confectionery shops

Items: Iga tea, tea sweets, ninjas, toys 
Location: Along Uenokodamacho or Nakanotamachi St. 


Kagiya Mochi Ten かぎや餅店


Murai Bankoen (Souvenirs and Specialties) むらい萬香園




Tsukiakari no shosai 月灯りの書斎


Food: cake and tea
Location: 2580 Uenoshinobicho, Iga, Mie 518-0854, Japan
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10


Luckily I found English book at this cafe.  There are a lot of small Ghibli stuff in between the shelves.


The atmosphere is good, warm and welcoming.  Chill music.  I did roam around the area, since I'm the only guest when I came in.  


I'm happy to spend an afternoon in this book cafe. 



I was supposed to have dinner at café 青天の霹靂 (500 Uenomarunouchi, Iga, Mie 518-0873, Japan / 2F Haitopia, Iga).  However, it closed too early in the afternoon. 

So, in case you stay in provinces, have dinner at earlier schedule.



No comments:

Post a Comment