Sunday, March 9, 2014

Philippines: Manila: Wicked

I learned Wicked from Chico who flew to Singapore just to watch the musical sometime in its showing dates on Dec 6 2011 til Feb 26, 2012.

As it is in Manila this early 2014, we bought in at an early bird discount and able to watched it on its first weekend.  Tomorrow is the last night of its showing, be Galindafied with the Ozians!






"Defying Gravity" 
– Elphaba, Glinda, Guards and Citizens of Oz
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!
...
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo

At least I'm flying free


"As Long as You're Mine" 
– Elphaba and Fiyero
I've lost all resistance
And crossed some borderline
And if it turns out
It's over too fast
I'll make ev'ry last moment last

As long as you're mine





"For Good" - Galinda
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you:

Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good


A story of friendship, love and forgiving - a must see musical!

March 9, 2014 is the last showing day of Wicked in Manila.  On my recent trip to Korea, it is also being shown in Charlotte Theatre (http://www.wickedthemusical.co.kr/).

Date Watched: 2014 Jan

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete