Hotel Horidome Villa (Tokyo, Japan)
Address: 1-10-10 Horidome-Cho Nihonbashi,Chuo-Ku, Tokyo Station / Nihonbashi, Tokyo, Japan
Stayed: Nov 29-Dec 03, 2014 (4 nights)
Price - Affordable for a decent and a bit old hotel in the middle of expensive city of Tokyo. Small Double Bed - Non Smoking with Free Wi-Fi (PHP 9,494.23 (USD 217.69), 2014). I found this the cheapest in agoda.com, but willing to try airbnb.com for my next trip in Nagoya.
Also, the price fit my Agoda points, so I got a night free of charge. Thanks to Agoda.
Location - Accessible. Located in Chuo City (near Tokyo) and is in between 2 stations that are connected to different Lines which makes it very accessible.
- Ningyōchō Station (Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line; Toei Asakusa Line)
- Kodemmachō Station (Hibiya Line)
From the Airport:
The cheapest option to take is Narita Access Line.
At Asakusa or Higashi-Nihombashi station, transfer to Hibiya Line to reach Ningyocho (Exit 6 is with elevator service) cross towards Exit 5 and continue walking along Ningyocho St.
Options provided by the Hotel (firstname.lastname@example.org) on how to get to our Hotel from Narita-Airport:
- From NaritaAirport station(JR) to Tokyo station by NaritaExpress(JR Line),and transfer JR Sobu Kaisoku Line,and next station is Shin-Nihonbashistation,and 8min by walking. (about 3000yen)
- From NaritaAirport station(JR) to Tokyo station by NaritaExpress(JR Line),and 10min by taxi. (Total about 4000yen)
- From Keisei-NaritaAirport station(Keisei Line) to Keisei Ueno station and chenge subway(Hibiya Line) and 3stop is Kodenmacho-station,and about 3min. by walking. (Total about 2600yen) This is new line and very quickly.But from Keisei-Ueno station to subway Ueno station is 5min. by walking.
- From NaritaAirport station to Tokyo Air City Tarminal by Limousine Bus, and 10min.by walking. (3000yen)
- Most cheapest way is Keise-Line(Rocal Line/Nritaairport to Aoto-station),and change Asakusa Line(Aoto-station to Ningyoucho-station), and about 5 min. by walking. (1200yen)
Close to your need:
- Family Mart is 3 stalls away
- 7/11 is across the main street
- Fujiyama school supplies (I bought here tape for my broken luggage and found HDMI usb charger for GoPro since it can't be found in Akihabara)
- Drug Stores near (Kodenmacho Entrance 2)
- Grocery Store along Ningyocho St. from Ningyocho Station Exit 5 (You can get KitKat strawberry and uji matcha flavors; Supermarket from Kodenmacho Exit 4)
- 2 banks (Sumitomo Mitsui and Mitsubishi UFJ) towards Kodenmacho station
- Post Office near Kodenmacho Entrance 2
Check-in Experience - Quick and easy. Just submitted the booking record and passport and was able to get the keys. The elevator is a bit slow.
Ground floor is a bit small, plus luggage were always stored in the lobby (morning, afternoon and evening). Seats were provided as you have wi-fi connection and free coffee in the morning.
Some travel guides and flyers are available in different languages.
2 elevators can accommodate less than 5 persons if with luggage. Carpet on 6F is a bit rundown. Traditional room keys should be surrendered everytime you left for the day.
Room (10.7 sq m)
Small Double Bedroom is good enough for single person. Not spacious if you have more than 1 luggage. I appreciate that bed is make-up everyday. [Request: Extra pillow]
They provide cups and daily supply of green tea with full water of coffee/tea maker.
What I loved the most, I can watch Sky Tower from my window.
There is no breakfast meal offered, but they do serve free coffee every morning. In 6th floor, there is also vending machine and ice dispenser.
Just on the next block is Yoshinoya, more local restaurants and coffee shops are available as you go towards Ningyocho Station.