Sunday, May 23, 2021

2021 Philippines: Food Crawl in Ortigas

While dine-in is still not encourage, let us continue to have fun in tasting food from the list of restaurants.  This post will be dedicated to cafes and restaurants found in Ortigas Center (most names are available from Podium). 



Manam
Location: G/F The Podium
Food: Caramelized Patis Wings, Inihaw na Pusit, Puto Bumbong with Muscovado Butter, Bibingkang Ube
Personal Preference: 9 out of 10, tasty. 



I ordered this during December because I was craving for puto bumbong.  Aside from Podium, you can also order from BGC branch which opens earlier in the morning. 




Elephant Grounds
Location: G/F The Podium
Food: traditional Machiatto, bacon sandwich
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10, tasty but pricey. 



I previously ordered potato fries in BGC branch and I like it very much.  For the food, the taste is better when you are in the restaurant.  The presentation is partly not good when delivered.  Probably, I'm eating more with my eyes that my mouth.  The staircase seats in BGC is more appetizing!



Nono's
Location: 2nd/F The Podium
Food: Parmesan Crusted Sole with Tomato & Basil Spaghettini, Homestyle Waffles, Fried Truffle Cheese Wontons, Light Country Sourdough, Parmesan Ensaymada per piece
Personal Preference: 9 out of 10, tasty but pricey. 


I actually ordered from BGC because it opens early.  I have chosen this restaurant for my 2nd quaratine birthday.  And had the waffles as my cake!  I only ordered for plain waffle since I already have blueberries, strawberries, nuts and honey on hand.

I surely enjoyed the parmesan crusted sole! 




% Arabica

Location: G/F The Podium
Food: Spanish latte, Matcha latte, banana cake
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10. 




I like the Spanish latte over their Matcha (not that tasty).  Hopefully they will have more choices of pastries.




Wildflour

I've been a fan of Wildflour ever since I had it in BGC years ago.  It was my expensive comfort food since the lock down started in 2020.  I have ordered from their different branches and also from Little Flour. 

It may be expensive, but it is very tasty. You got to try their pastas, more of their pastries, ensaymada and oats.  





Putien
Location: 5th/F The Podium

A Michelin restaurant in Podium.  I have tried the one from Hong Kong in 2017.  But I have not ordered yet from local Putien. 






Wolfgang's Steakhouse
Location: G/F The Podium
Food: Roast Beef Plate (USDA Prime Black Angus Beef Chuck Roast Served wit Steamed Japanese rice, sautaeed oninos and Au Jus), Burger Sliders (USDA Prime dry-aged ground sirloin patty seved with lettuce, tomato, onin, pickles), Truffle Fries
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10. 


As expected, Angus beef is so soft, easily eaten.  (But the Kobe still melts in your mouth). 


I've been wanting to try this in 2019.  But I'll still look forward to dine-in in BGC next time with steak and wine.





Lola Cafe
Location: 5th/F The Podium
Food: Chipirones (baby squid or very small cuttlefish and are usually seen battered and deep fried), Mushroom Chicharon, Fried Chicken Solo
Personal Preference: 9 out of 10.   I super love the chicken, super soft and easy removes from the bones.






Melt Grilled Cheesery
Location: East Wing Building, Shangri-La Edsa
Food: Grilled Cheese
Personal Preference: 8 out of 10. 


You'll appreciate more the food if eaten in the area, than to be delivered or take-out. 


I'll continue to enjoy more of the food tasting in the future. Let's eat! Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment