Sunday, February 20, 2011

2011 February: Vietnam: Cu Chi Tunnels

Travel Date: February 17, 2011 Destination: Cu Chi Tunnels I thought it was already a good deal, but “my guided tour did not reach my expectation” – this was my initial comment. An old man looked for my name at the hotel reception. We walked about less than 5 minutes to get in to the bus service on the next street. It took us an hour to reach our first stop – it was a factory of wall decorations (with not so clean toilet) – is this what they call “for refreshments”? At 11.45am, we arrived at Cao Dai temple. The guide let us walk for less than 10 minutes since their bus need to park at the parking area. He did not lead us inside the temple. Tourists should remove their slippers/shoes before going to the temple. We are guided to go on the second floor. After 45 minutes and returning to the bus, some of their co-guides were playing cards inside our service and our guide is not attentive to welcome his tourists. Then, along the way, we were notified that there is no lunch provided for the tour – they took us to this very lousy restaurant. I think they could offer more than that. By 2.30pm we finally reached Cu Chi Tunnels. Here, he guided us along the way. He explained all the human traps and how Vietnamese live and try to survived during the war.

I will already tag my day as an average tour not until I saw this very famous and familiar face in front of me. I’ll not convince you to believe me nor I’ll post photos for any evidence, but I saw Piolo at Cu Chi Tunnels that afternoon.