Saturday, April 27, 2024

Kochi, Japan: Ino Town Paper Museum

 


The museum is open from 9am to 5pm.  I arrived around 3:30pm and they were still able to  accommodate me on the paper making program.  The museum guide helpfully explained the procedure and steps to me in English.

  • The liquid solution is already prepared with a combination of pulp, fiber, glue, etc. 
  • Hold the wooden frame to the pulp water and shake, move forward backward, left and right to uniformly spread the pulp.
  • Slide down to let the water drip.
  • Flip to the drying paper.
  • Press to remove the excess water.
  • And they will assist you to press and dry it for 30 mins.


During the waiting time, you can roam around the museum.

Designed postcards were displayed on the upper floor. 


While the ground floor has the explanation on the full process of paper making.












How to get to Ino Town Paper Museum

いの町 紙の博物館
110-1 Saiwaicho, Ino, Agawa District, Kochi 781-2103, Japan

Travel Date: 16 March 2024



The following day, I visited Yusuhara Town Library where I designed few of the postcards I sent back home. 




No comments:

Post a Comment