Sunday, December 25, 2011

2011 November: South Korea: Coffee Prince

In acknowledgement to the site that is so helpful for making my journey possible, I’m sharing you this post: http://www.squidoo.com/coffee-prince-coffee-shop .

But I just want to add some corrections or possibly updates on the markers.  It is better to take Exit 8 (Hongik University Station), for you will see the Seven Springs restaurant which means you are on the right path.  Those I asked to help me find my way are not familiar on where the Coffee Prince is even if I show them the map.
After looking further and chasing the right path to follow, I was able to reach Coffee Prince.

Yes, believe on those you have read on some other blogs – it is really expensive to eat there.  If you are not a certified addict of the drama ‘Coffee Prince’, there is no reason for you to go there.

Upon entering, I was welcomed by this girl who looks like pushing me to order immediately, I did not bother to argue as I know that she is really unpleasant (based on some bad experiences from other travelers).

I got for myself green tea latte and a slice of cheese cake for 14000krw (560php). 

Ground rule based on some sites: you will not be allowed to take photos of the place not until you order something from them.  The table near the famous painting is only for group seating.

Here are some of the drinks they offer with their expensive price.
 The place is roughly designed just like Yellow Cab or Army Navy.
The wall where the painting is located has full of writings.  The painting itself is also not allowed to be touched.  But on a closer look, I’d consider it as a sticker more than a painting.  Not sure if what is real.



But then again, even if it is the worth of an expensive tea since I watched the drama on 2007 – having a photo with the painting is just for the experience!

Visit my other cafe experience in Korea!

Cafes in Seoul  | Coffee Prince  | Angel in Us  | dal.komm

Summary of 5 days itinerary in 2011 Jeju-Seoul Trip:


Day
Places to see
Food and Restaurants
Where to Sleep
Day 1
Take out from McDo
Lunch on Tour
Day 2
Paris Baguette
Lunch at Seongeup
Yeha Guesthouse, Jeju
Day 3
Joongang Cathedral
Flight to Gimpo Airport
Four Seasons House
Coffee Prince Restaurant
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul
Day 4
Coffine Gurunaru
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul
Day 5
Angel in Us Coffee
Green Residence, Myeongdong, Seoul