Sunday, December 8, 2019

Japan: Alcohol Shots in Nagano and Tokyo


Stay healthy, refrain from drinking alcohol!




However, occasionally it is good to taste some of the few unique flavor just to experience.


Red Eye

While checking what to try on my Nakasendo trail, Good Days Coffee & Bar, caught my attention about red eye.  I have not heard about this alcohol drink before, but I ordered it anyway.  According to this article, red eye is 30% tomato juice, 65% beer, and 5% vodka.  But for me, its like drinking tomato catsup. [Read more on Adventures at Kiso Valley ]



German Draft Beer

Luckily, I've been to Berlin and Hamburg and have already tasted some of their beers.  From the German Christmas Village in Yokohama, I once again had their draft beer with sausages (hoping there were curry wurst). [Read more on Adventures in Germany]



Yuzusumashi

I never knew that there is alcohol bar in Starbucks Reserve Roastery.  So, I asked for recommendation from the barista, and she immediately recommended me this drink.  I was checking others but seems to be coffee-alcohol fusion that you have already heard of, thus, I preferred her recommendation which is also found in their seasonal menu. 

Yuzusumashi is a combination of flavorful umegashima sencha (green tea), gin, and refreshing Yuzu (can be described as the combination of lemon and mandarin with traces of grapefruit), come together in harmony in a cocktail.  Served like osumashi, japanese clear soup, and not in your ordinary alcohol glass. [See more photos on Starbucks Reserve Roastery Tokyo]



High ball

I'm not familiar with the term high-ball since I'm not a drinker.  But thanks to my friend who have introduced my to these random restaurants on getting a HUB fruit high ball and the white one. 



Please be warned that you should keep yourself sane and not to get tipsy especially when you are drinking outside.  Have some friends around you and always stay safe.  Cheers and enjoy!



Summary: Nagano, Hakone to Tokyo: 8 days Itinerary and Expenses


Day
Places to See
Food and Restaurants
Accommodation / Other Options
1

Plaza Hotel Sakae Nakatsugawa
2
(On Train)
Kinosuke
Posada Suimei
3
Hotoriya
Bakery & Table
First Cabin Tsukiji

Narukawa Museum of Art
Salon de the Rosage
4
Soup StockFind a tour from Klook or other day tours
5
Rikuen Garden
Yokohama Red Brick Warehouse
Yokohama Depot
Tayori
Onibus Coffee

6
Toyo Bunko Museum
Shibuya Crossing
Hachiko Memorial Statue
Starbucks Reserve Roastery
Aoyama Flower Market Tea House

7
Showa Memorial Park
Uniqlo Flagship Store
Don Quijote
Soup Stock
Kagurazaka Saryo



No comments:

Post a Comment