Sunday, November 14, 2010

2008 July: Hong Kong: Day 2: Off Beaten Path

2008 July: Hong Kong: Day 2: Off Beaten Path

The following day, I decided that I would skip Noon Gun. I walked around the Victoria Park in Causeway Bay. I jump to MTR going to Kowloon Park. Since it started to rain, I left the place and took MTR going to Modern Toilet in Mongkok. Too bad I did not research on the time it will open, when I got there it was too early before I can order, haha! I then decided to move to my next target - Nan Lian and Chi Lin Nunnery. After that, I return to Modern Toilet by 2pm.

After having late lunch, I went back to my place in Causeway Bay to drop my shopping bags and pasalubongs. I took a nap because I got too tired carrying the bags. Then started walking again along the Causeway Bay area.

Next day, I got ready for my Macau Guided Tour. I booked on Splendid Tours (http://www.splendid.hk/new2005/eng/tours_detail.asp?id=2 ) for this trip. We went to St Paul Ruins and my major target here is visiting Senado Square to buy my coffee mug from Starbucks.

Since this is a budget trip I did not take Airport Express train going to the Airport, I waited again for a A11 Bus at the station. Good thing this time I was able to reach Philippines without any trouble or delay with Cebu Pacific.

Thanks to my family who allowed me to do this solo journey outside the country.