Sunday, November 14, 2010

2009 Feb: Hong Kong: Day 3: Disneyland Day

Travel Date: February 2009

Our Lantau Adventure!

My sister is really afraid on taking cable car rides. Even though I’ve been dreaming on taking the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Ride, she decided to wake up so late for us skip that entry in our itinerary. Instead we just had a quick shop in Citygate mall, this is like a mall of factory outlets where you can buy stuff at a lower price.

Before noon time, we moved to Disneyland Resort. I advise you to visit the website before going there. Always check the show, character meet and greet opportunity and parade schedule - for you not to miss any of the fun offered. For first timers you should not miss Mickey’s Philharmagic Show, this is a 4-d show of Disney and Mickey adventures.

During Summer time, they have 2 parades, normal parade @ 12nn and Summer Wet Parade @ 3pm. During our visit, which is still covered by the Chinese New Year celebration, we got to see the Chinese Parade @ 12nn and normal parade by 3pm.

Since this is my second visit in HK Disneyland, I already skipped Tarzan/Pirate Adventure and Philharmagic. I had a repeat on Lion King Show.
It’s a Small World and Golden Mickey were something new for me. And this time, I finally got to see the Fireworks display!


How to get to Tian Tan Buddha if Ngong Ping 360 is out of service?  Take Bus #23 from Tung Chung station.