Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 April: Kota Kinabalu: The Arrival and Cititel Hotel

Travel Date: April 19, 2010 Monday
Destination: Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

I took flight 5J 733 via Cebu Pacific from Manila to Kota Kinabalu. I arrived at Tanjung Aru Terminal 2 at around 8pm. It took me around an hour to pass the Immigration due to long queue of tourists and slow action of the Officers. I was about to be pick-up by the cab driver who I booked at the hotel, but he was no longer there. Since the Foreign Money Exchange is already closed at that time, I used the ATM to withdraw some money. It will automatically convert your entire peso to ringgit. Then, I looked for the coupon-sales and taxi-booking counter. I told them which Hotel I’ll be going, paid 20RM and finally got the coupon. Then, I gave it to the cab driver who is on queue.

Tip: try to study the map, so at least you will have confidence on which road you are in, aware if you are going to the right direction and conscious that you are finally reaching your hotel. After traveling for 15 minutes, I reached Cititel Hotel. In less than 10 minutes, I was able to complete the check-in procedures. The restaurant at the lobby still offers food and it tasted so good.

Restaurant at the Cititel Hotel Lobby: Next CaféBuffet Breakfast: 10RM (150php)
Dinner/Lunch: 9RM (Main Course + Soup) (135php)
I booked for a Standard Room (12 sqm) with Double Bed with windows at a very low price since it is just new during that time so they still have opening/early-bird discounts. I must say, that this is a good choice of Hotel. Very clean, very new (at April 2010), and also has modern facilities. Air-conditioner is working fine. Bed and pillows are soft. LCD TV works as both cable TV and radio in one. They also offer free toiletries, mugs, and hair dryer. Other services in the floor are free hot and cold drinking water, microwave oven, iron, and iron board. It's location is very near Centerpoint Mall.


CITITEL EXPRESS, KOTA KINABALU
No. 1, Jalan Singgah Mata 1, Asia City 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (Borneo)
Tel: 6088 521 188 (Hotel)

http://www.cititelexpress.com/KK/index.html