Sunday, November 14, 2010

2009 Oct: Taiwan: Day 3: Day Tour at Taroko Gorge, Hualien

Travel Date: October 21, 2009

My 3rd day is a guided tour in Hualien. This is the cheapest tour I found from Taipei, because they offer it via train. Most of the Hualien tours are using airplane.Try to understand your train ticket. Get into the station as early as you can, so will have enough time looking for your waiting area.

Merry Travel Service (Taipei)
Phone:886(2)25652780
Address:8-2F, No. 54, Songjiang Rd., Taipei, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Web: www.hunters-tour.com.tw

Ticket below shows the time of departure and arrival. Take note of the coach number (2) and seat number (25). Along the way, a ticket inspector will check if you have the correct ticket.


Upon arrival (10:41am) at the Hualien Station, find your way to the Visitor’s Information counter. Get some maps that will still help you on the tour.

When the bus arrived, I got frustrated that I booked for the Mandarin tour. I checked it online that it was an English tour. Good thing that my co-tourists were accommodating and generous to translate to me important information along the way.

The tour includes pass at Cihmu Bridge, stroll on Tunnel of Nine Turns Trail, look at Changchun Shrine and stop over at Cisingtan Beach.


The tour guide also sent us to a Jade shop and souvenir stores. I love the chocolate mochi I got from Hualien.

I arrived at the Hualien train station few minutes before the departure time, but I felt like I really need to run to find the train. I’m not able to take a photo of the bullet train from outside because I’m afraid that I might be left behind. So I just stay inside the train and wait until it depart from Hualien.


When I get back to Taipei proper, I immediately go to Ximending to find Modern Toilet (this will be my third, I had my first and second at Mongkok, Hong Kong). I ordered for the seafood pasta meal, thus, I was able to taste the ice cream that looks like a poop.
Restaurant: Modern Toilet, Ximending Store, Taipei (http://www.moderntoilet.com.tw/en/store.asp )
Address: 2F., No.7, Lane 50, Sining S. Rd., Wanhua District, Taipei City
Weekdays: AM11:30 ~ PM10:00 (Last order by 9:00PM)

Near Ximending MRT, Exit 6, I was lucky enough to watch a mini concert which also features English songs.


Summary of 7 days 6 nights Itinerary on 2009 Taiwan Trip


Day
Places to see
Food and Restaurants
Where to Sleep
Day 1
St. John Bosco Church
Miramar (Ferris Wheel)

Day 2
National Chiang Kai Shek Memorial
NTUniversity
Dr. Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall
Taipei 101
 Lunch @ Mr. J Restaurant
City Inn Hotel
Day 3
Dinner @ Modern Toilet
City Inn Hotel
Day 4

City Inn Hotel
Day 5
Walking on Tianmu Area
Fisherman’s Walking Area
City Inn Hotel
Day 6
National Palace Museum
Taipei Story Land
City Inn Hotel
Day 7
Taipei Fine Arts Museum
Taiwan Storyland

City Inn Hotel